Thursday, October 14, 2010

Turning the page

Sometimes, one of the worst feelings in the world is the disappointment one feels when you return to your roots and find that home just isn't there anymore. I recently had an experience where I returned to my spiritual roots so to speak and was hoping and praying to reconnect to what I once had there. However sitting right smack in the middle of these roots, I realized things were just not the same. The page had been turned, and to come back to it is unnatural. Though we cherish the memories from our past (the good parts), letting go is one of the hardest things to do... It has been for me. I am so relationally-minded to my core that the thought of any relationship ending moves me to tears everytime. Nevertheless, returning to what It thought would be "the good old days", Jesus reminded me that this was my past and there's nothing there for me. I can treasure every smile, every secret shared and every memory lived, but I can't bring them back. The page has been turned and it is time to look forward, to look ahead to the things which He has placed before me. Ouch. And then again, wow...

Turning the page,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment