Friday, October 29, 2010

Midnight Intercession

I find myself up... (again!) Super early. Part of it is that I have a gorgeous two month old baby who needs her mama, though she never ever wakes up twice in the middle of the night to eat. The other part of it is that I believe the Lord ordained me to get up an pray for an hour. Right smack in the middle of the night. I began praying for all kinda of things. I began praying for human trafficking victims, and asked the Lord to release justice on behalf of the victims oppressed, then I prayed for friends & a few family members. Then the Lord began to grant me a spirit of intercession, praying against this upcoming Halloween. Now, I've never ever been a fan of Halloween (ever!) and I'm praying to the Lord that both my daughters are reared the same way. But I began to speak against the powers of Halloween, and all that jazz. Though I was whispering after having fed my sweet girl, it was a powerful time of intercession and I believe the Lord will have me pray for that again and again, until Halloween is over! (Can I just please make a request Lord and may it be at a more convenient time? Say six am, maybe? Nevertheless, Your will be done, not mine) I encourage you God fearing Christians out there to seriously spend some time in prayer over the youth & overall purity and covering of your city. I'd even say to go as far as speak to your local church about it and see if they'll not hold a prayer meeting for it. This is a serious thing, and a holiday that is anything but holy. Members of the occult delight in this day and use it to truly seek out evil and release demonic principalities over our youth. And with things like HHN at Universal and such, you better believe evil is running rampant and people are opening the doors to them like good ladies and gentlemen. If you live in Orlando, and are stirred to pray on Halloween know that the Orlando House of Prayer will be hosting a six hour prayer meeting on Halloween. So come, stand for righteousness.

PS. Kairos Forerunners has a great post on the truth about Halloween. Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment