Sunday, October 24, 2010

Reflections admist trials

The mercies of God are outstanding. I apologize I have been minutely MIA for a couple of days (okay, maybe a week or so). Things have been quite turbulent and in the day to day, I have put blogging on the back-burner. But, I'm back and with a new found understanding for the things which God allows us to endure. It is incredible to me how wrapped up in self we can truly be... Sometimes when the Lord reveals to us circumstances or the heart of another, or the things that will or can come, we become absorbed with ourselves and what exactly it is that we can do to fix it. We decide to spend our entire being poured out into fixing whatever we feel is broken that will bring pain or to the very least discomfort to our being. How dare we? Often times, what ends up happening is the very thing we become absorbed in fighting against is the very thing that consumes us and that draws us away from the Lord. He whose life is set on opposing the religious spirit will actually operate in the religious spirit, because that is its prize and its reward. It is no longer the man who crushes the religious spirit, it is the religious spirit itself. If in my journey to intercede and to bring forth life for another I become obsessed with the very thing I come against and seize to stand on the Word, but rather my own dislike for this thing, I have become a resounding cymbal. May my heart's desire be solely set on the man Jesus. In all His glory, truth, righteousness and humility, may my heart be transformed into His image...

No comments:

Post a Comment