Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dreaming dreams

It is absolutely insane that Jesus chooses to speak to us through dreams. It is absolutely even more insane that we believe He doesn't or just don't seem interested or "informed" enough to believe it. Dreams are one of those "funny" subjects with believers that people tend to stay away from, because, in our ignorance, we don't feel we know enough, or there's enough biblical evidence to support any one theory. The little that we do know is intimidating and overwhelming, and, well, it is just too vast for our understanding. Now, I am by no means an expert on dreams, but, I am however a student of the Holy Spirit, and it has been deeply impressed upon my heart, that He speaks in dreams. It is "the glory of God to conceal a matter and the honor of kings to search them out.". In this wonderful mystery of dreams, the Lord Himself is speaking the mysteries of our hearts into our ears in some form of parable, and it is our honor and our glory to search it out. I am super thankful the Lord has surrounded me with individuals who dive into the things of the Spirit with a head full of grace, a heart full of mercy, and with feet placed upon a rock, rooted and grounded in love. It is through them the Lord teaches me most often, cracking a door that will wet my appetite and which I will seek after in my private time with Him. That, is exactly what happened with dreams. And now, in this 40 day season I'm in, the Lord has spoken to me through dreams; my dreams, and other's dreams. And all I can say is, "wow." Dreams often times birth intercession because of the direct download from heaven that we receive through dreams. That is what plagues me at 323a this Tuesday morning... a deep burden and a deep compassion to pray that God will open the ears, the eyes and the heart of those opposing His Word for the sake of a true revelation of the man Jesus Christ. Because of dreams (along with other things, obviously!) I now have specific prayer points that I'm targeting. I'd encourage you to seek the Lord and to find Him in your dreams. He is speaking...

No comments:

Post a Comment