Saturday, February 5, 2011

the sorrows of clubbing

Last night I had a "moment" and decided to get my nose re-pierced. I'd had it done in 2006 and loved it, but having a semi "professional" job required me to take it out and never put it back in. Well, I'm now an intercessor, a wife and a mommy- so nose ring, here I come! Chancia came with me and we had a pretty hysterical time. Afterwards, we decided to hang out and head over to City Walk to walk around and talk.

As soon as we arrived to City Walk the atmosphere changed, and we'd forgotten we were headed there on a Friday night when the clubs are "poppin'" and "night-life" rules. In the parking lot, we saw young ladies & guys dressed up, eager to attend the club of their choice and party the night away. Both Chance and I were bereft. Neither one of us were ever the "club going folk" however we suddenly remembered the hopelessness we felt when we didn't know Christ. (Maybe that was just me, I think Chance was born saved, haha). Either way, the entire time there we spent discussing this lifestyle. Not in a judgemental way--there was no judgement nor condemnation--only a sadness that left us feeling like there was more.

Of course there's more. We know there's more. We know Him, we've tasted Him and seen Him. But, City Walk hadn't. And for most, this particular experience was the highlight of their week. Loud music, intoxicating drinks and a building packed with others who felt the exact same way, hoping that this fulfills their time and their hearts... Sigh.

I'm so burdened with souls, yet find myself in a bind. I am so not bold, and for whatever reason fear nags at my heart and tends to win. Argh! Why? Taking it before the Lord now, in prayer, more than ever I believe it is for the Church to arise and speak Christ. It is time to set our hearts to bring to Jesus the reward of His suffering and to offer to the dying world the beauty of this man. And of course, to do so boldly.

I have come before the Lord and have understood that I am afraid of man because I still don't have a full grasping of the name which He calls me; His son, His bride, co-heir and His bondservant. And my name is my destiny. Therefore, I am setting my heart in prayer to come to full understand such names, that I may partner with the heart of Jesus and be able to speak Christ and so boldly. I would encourage you to do the same. Time is urgent and the lost are only lost because we haven't shown to them, the Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment