Thursday, February 10, 2011

Book Review: "Seven Commitments of a Forerunner"

Seven Commitments of a Forerunner
A sacred charge to press into God
by: Mike Bickle

I just finished reading Mike Bickle's Seven Commitments of a Forerunner. I received the book as a gift during IHOP's "One Thing-Orlando." It was recommended to me by a number of individuals from our Church, and seeing as I am stepping into a new season where I have committed to being a full time intercessor, I wanted to find out more about this sacred charge that I may commit to being a forerunner in a manner which pleases Him. Essentially, I wanted to reach the next level in my commitment to Him. I can say I found it in the sacred charge.

Mike presents it as a "sacred charge" because that which we call sacred, we tend to hold in the highest esteem. This charge to press in, to become a forerunner is to be a high priority in our lives. Rain or shine, snow or sleet, these commitments are of the utmost importance. The seven commitments go as follows;

- Pray Daily
- Fast Weekly
- Do Justly (one of my favorite commitments!)
- Give Extravagantly
- Live Holy
- Lead Diligently
- Speak Boldly

They are a call to return to the foundations of Christian faith (in a real and complete manner) that we may discover the deep things of Christ. I highly recommend this book and the commitment to become a forerunner.

(4 out of 5 stars!) ****

No comments:

Post a Comment