Monday, March 14, 2011

what I learned from wasps

In the last month there have been four wasps that have somehow gotten into my home. I have no clue where they came from!

My windows are often open but they're screened, so the possibility of them getting in through there is a little impossible.

Where are the pesky wasps coming from?

The first time it made its ugly appearance was during prayer time. I prayed and it "disappeared." It made its second appearing when Caleb was there (phew!) and he locked it between the screen and the window, leaving it to starve to death. Muahaha. The second appeared from our air vent, and in the process of killing it our kitchen light was killed right along side it. The third was with the starved one and the last one showed up today as I was folding laundry and praying.

Hmm. Wasps in dream dictionary mean demonic attacks.

And then, in a moment of stillness, as I'm reading The Excellent Wife (more on this amazing book to come!), I see the pesky wasp, again. So skillfully I too locked it between the screen and the window so that it may starve to death. Go ahead, call an animal cruelty hotline.

But then, I realized Jesus was telling me something...

We are living in a day and an hour where temptations and attacks are being released at an unprecedented rate. In the words of the amazing Laura Hackett, "The battle is raging, the devil is raging."

Ladies and gentlemen, this just in. We are officially in a war. And if we are to be good soldiers, we are to self-examine and ensure we are well prepared.

Many are like my home... The windows to our heart are open, but we justify it and are completely convinced that it is impossible to have such an ugly attack or soul tie or addiction because we have screens or filters within our heart. We are mature enough to handle having our windows open to whatever dust, wasps or robbers there are out there, because the screen is up and it is invincible.

Yeah?

"Watch your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the well springs of life." -Prov 4:23

It's time to close the windows of our heart and rely on The Ultimate Guardian of our heart instead of our man-made screens.

Oh, by the way... There's a crack in my screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment