Friday, November 5, 2010

Repentance

It is so easy to get caught up in the mundane for the sake of responsibility. And for that matter, it is so easy to turn away without realizing it...

After my BSF class this week, I have spent a lot of time thinking and repenting. I have re-encountered the man Jesus. I had turned away. I really felt like the prodigal son. I had not backslidden, I still did all the good Christian things to do and my allegiance was toward Him. But... My heart was disengaged and had forgotten that this man, Jesus, is forever my first husband. My heart had forgotten the plans He has toward me. Adjust trying to be an adult, I lost my first love. I fully believe that in our desire to fulfill our responsibilities, we lose our first love. The giddy, crazy, lovey-dovey romance that we never forget. Yeah, that's Jesus... But on Wednesday night, this man tugged and pulled on my heart in an insane way, and He met me. He captured me (again) and he gently showed me I had turned away.

But, I responded, and said yes. I'm home. With Him. Oh, how my heart beats for that beautiful man...

No comments:

Post a Comment