Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Full time in the prayer room

"My sons, do not be negligent now, for the LORD has chosen you to stand before Him, to minister to Him and to be His ministers and burn incense."

-2 Chronicles 29:11


I have desired to go full time in the prayer room for quite some time now. I attend the Orlando House of Prayer which entails full-time intercessory missionaries ministering to the Lord in 24/7 worship and intercession. It is my passion to dwell in the House of the Lord and minister unto His heart. It moves me to move Him and I desire for my children to grow up in a consistent atmosphere of worship and intercession... So, I have been asking the Lord for guidance for a very, very long time. However, something always came up. My desire of course was only fueled by our director, Carlos, always inviting me to come on full time as an intercessor. A few months ago, I made a move out of a particular area of ministry at OHOP to focus solely on the hidden ministry of a wife and a mother. In such time, I felt the Lord nudge me into the prayer room over and over again, promising me that I would one day dwell in the house of the Lord as a full-time intercessor. I spoke about it with my husband, Caleb, and even though he wasn't against it, I could sense he was hesitant. I put a sign before the Lord and told him that when and if it was his will for me to come into the prayer room full time, I needed Him to provide a new desktop or laptop from where I could do my administrative hours without hastle. I waited and waited and nothing happened. With both Caleb being hesitant and my lack of computer, I took those as an evident sign that it was not my time.

Come moving time in January, my Dad shows up my front door with, lo and behold, a desktop! His old desktop to be exact, one that has every program I need to work in any facet of ministry. I knew my time was getting closer! Recently, my husband approached me about getting part-time work. Finances had been rough and he felt that was the safest bet. Though I had zero desire to pursue it, I diligently looked for work. On the night before a job interview (to a position that had already been offered, the interview was just a formality) I prayed for wisdom and guidance from the Lord in the form of a dream. Well, I got it. I won't post the entire dream, however I will tell you the Lord clearly showed me in the dream that if I were to take the position I had interviewed for, my skills, my talents and my passions would always be encaged and tied down to their standards. I was to dwell in the place where wisdom was taught and where He wanted me. I told Caleb the next day, and his eyes got slightly big. Hehe, he totally agreed and gave me his blessing. I discussed it with an amazing friend (who carries the gift of prophecy might I add) and she gave me a super big smile. She then proceeded to pray with me and confirm this very thing with a prophetic word.

"I see you being planted like a tree by the streams of living waters with your roots going deep, deep way deep. "

At this point, after discussing it with Caleb, receiving a dream and a prophetic word, I totally knew it was Jesus. :) My biggest confirmation was that my husband blessed it with zero hesitation. Now, to confront my inadequecies and my fears. I had been a stay at home without much of a schedule. Outside of a daily routine I had few committments and I liked it this way. I burned to be in the house of prayer, but the committment caused me to shy away. While I was listening to one of Mike Bickle's teaching, "Power of a Focused Life" I realized that it was silly and so very selfish of me to not invest my time in the House of Prayer. Commitment or not! So, stepping through that point, I am now so ready. :)


So, what now?
Now, I have created a schedule for my life that keeps me focused (thank you Mike Bickle!) on the things which truly matter, including being a full-time intercessory missionary. I am only waiting because I gave my word to a young woman that I would watch her son during her stay here in Orlando, and I have no desire to back out on my word. My word is good as gold. Depending on how comfortable she feels with me taking her son to and fro OHOP will determine when I turn my sacred trust and I begin on this fantastic journey. I covet your prayers during this time. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment